Computer repair is the process of identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems and issues in a faulty computer. Computer repair is a broad field encompassing many tools, techniques and procedures used to repair computer hardware, software or network/Internet problems. Computer repair is also known as PC repair.
Computer repair is generally done by professional computer repair technicians. But some problems need not require professional technicians. The problem can be solved by following some simple steps. It is basically very important to make sure that the problem is severe to refer it to a professional technician. It’s no exaggeration to say an almost limitless number of things can go wrong with a computer because everyone’s system and settings are different. It can seem almost impossible knowing where to begin when it comes to troubleshooting your way back to a working machine.
You’d be surprised to know by just how many issues have the same simple root cause. Before you get professional help run through these simple measures to see if you can get the problem fixed yourself.
- Run a thorough virus scan
- Update your software
- Delete unwanted applications
- Test your Wifi connection
5. Make sure it’s not a cable problem.
- Reinstall the operating system
- Make sure it’s not a power problem.
- Make sure it’s not an overheating problem.
Computers may freeze on account of any hardware or software issue, so here you need to understand the exact reason behind it. Notice if the issue started when you connected any hardware peripherals like a printer or scanner; then it might be due to a driver conflict. If the issue occurred after installing a new hard drive, then it might be due to insufficient power or too much heat.
Many computers now come with built-in diagnostics which can tell you if you have certain issues. Two brands of computer that normally have diagnostic options are HP/Compaq and Dell. To access these diagnostic options:
- Power down the computer, wait a few seconds then turn it back on.
- HP – Immediately start pressing F2 on startup to access the diagnostic menu. Select Start Up Test, Quick, One Pass (if option is present) to begin the testing process.
- Dell – Immediately start pressing F12 on startup to access the diagnostic menu. Use the arrow keys to select Diagnostics from the menu.
- Write down any error codes and consult the internet, the computer manufacturer or a local technician for assistance.
Even after following the above mentioned steps if you still face problems in your computer it’s always recommended to consult a professional technician.